Friday, July 6, 2012

ShowMe another fun way to teach a lesson!

I have run across a new website (well new to me) that I thought I would throw out there in case you have yet to hear about it as well!

http://www.showme.com

This is a really cool website where you can create lessons on an interactive whiteboard for students to watch. It's a little like a slide show with a voice over. The only BAD thing is... you have to own an IPad in order to use it. Unfortunately... I do not yet... so I can't really review on the ease of use for this product.

BUT...

There are TONS of really great lessons already created on this website that you can view with your students over all kinds of topics! It is also free to use and once the videos are published you can see them online.

You can also place these into projects from Prezi and other similar formats which just adds to the fuctionality.

This program would be a really easy way (if you own an IPad) to show students a lesson if you were going to be out with a sub or you wanted them to have a reference to go back to when at home working on homework. It would be a great reference for parents who do not understand a lesson or how you have taught it to the kids. They could pull it off your school website and then help their kiddos!

Check it out and tell me what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment