Saturday, September 15, 2012

Jack-o-Lantern Halloween Synonym Activity

So I was browsing the Target dollar bin (something I love to do) and came across these foam pumpkin cutouts and decided to do a little activity with the for my class (and you good ppl as well!)

So here is a picture of the foam cutouts.
 I drew a simple Jack-O-Lantern face onto the pumpkin. There are tons of options here! You can do them or if you teach an older class they can do the work!
 Then I cut them out using my scissors (an exacto knife would work to), and then glued a sheet of paper behind them. Yellow paper would be super cute too... but alas... didn't have any and didn't have the time to make some! Then, I colored in the mouth and tadaa!
 Have the students choose (or assign them) an overused word and then let them fill in the paper shapes with synonyms! Enjoy!


Looking for more Halloween fun?

Don't forget to grab this Math Freebie! Click here!

Check out this math Halloween activity for Factors and Multiples!

No comments:

Post a Comment